The mission of Camp Acaraho at Holy Family Parish is to offer children a safe, fun, age appropriate, fulfilling summer camp experience, while offering parents freedom from worry while they work.
Camp Acaraho at Holy Family Parish
- Ages 3-12
- Runs each summer for 9 weeks
- Hours: 7am-6pm
- Free Lunch and PM Snack each day
- Swim at Hillside Recreation Center
The Purpose of Camp in a Child’s Life
The purpose of summer camp in a child’s life is to offer programs that encourage growth of the whole child in a setting that provides challenging activities while stressing good sportsmanship, values, and positive role models.
The Objectives of Camp
Camp Acaraho at Holy Family Parish has five objectives. Through its programs a camper will:
- Have fun!
- Grow in mind, spirit, wisdom and self-confidence
- Put core values into practice through growth of self, and growth of relationships with others which will lead to an acceptance of diversity
- Learn that leading is as important as following and that true maturity is learning when to do each
- Develop life skills that will stay with them as they grow
Camp Philosophy: “Here Growth is Measured in Days Not Years”
This philosophy is so true! At Camp Acaraho at Holy Family Parish campers learn so quickly and mature over just a short period of time. Our philosophy is that children will grow and learn to appreciate each other only through the example of adults that encourage this growth. Therefore, our camp is designed to offer role models, activities and leadership opportunities that will encourage the growth of all of its members, in mind, spirit, wisdom and self-confidence while having a fun packed summer.